Monday, June 27, 2011

Beach Continued...

The first two days we were there we mostly spent at the beach (even though it wasn't very hot) and played outside. My Dad gave us all a golf lesson. I really wish I had remembered that I had my video camera for that. It was pretty funny to watch. Teagan shows the most promise of any of us.




I think Mom would have done well, if only she could have hit the ball!! Just kidding. She hit it....a couple of times.




Not sure what Macy was trying to accomplish here. She actually rode around post like that.




We had planned to go to Jamestown one day, but the it got hotter throughout the week, and Michael didn't make it there until Wednesday night, so we decided to go to the Norfolk Zoo instead. We are members of the Fort Fisher Aquarium and have AZA reciprocity so our admission was free. Can't really beat that. Of course--that was the hottest day of the whole trip, I think. The Zoo was really nice and there were no crowds. I wish I had known they had water fountains for the kids to play in, they could have worn their bathing suits and cooled off a bit.

This is outside before we went in. This is an elephant sculpture made up of butterflies. Very pretty :)



We did pay for a little train ride around the zoo to see what all they had. Here we are killing the 15 min. we had to wait for the train.





and on the train...



After we departed the train, our first stop was the new Asian section of the zoo. Very cool, but a lot of the animals weren't outside yet.

I tried to get Claire to play along and pretend the Tiger was going to attack her, but as you can see, she wasn't in the mood for playing ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment