Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 2-June 11th

The first weekend of summer break. I hadn't really planned anything, but Michael was swamped with work and decided he would go in today and pull a full day, so I figured we'd get out of the house!

We started out with a trip to the Franklin Park Pool in Purcellville, VA. I had always heard of this place, but we'd never been. So, that's where we went :) It was nice, but not the cheapest place to go. If I had spent a whole day there, I would have felt better about the money spent. We were there a couple of hours---enough to get a little burn on my arms, face, and chest, even with sunscreen.



Before pool pictures. Macy went to the car to get the sunscreen we left there.



Teagan on the lily pads and Quinn crossing the logs. These were hilarious to watch! Teagan was a trip! Quinn has always had amazing balance and did great on the logs.


Claire swimming and Teagan and Claire eating pizza. We didn't get lunch before we went, so we just got a pizza and ate there. They had a mandatory 10 min. rest every hour (adult swim), so as soon as the whistle blew, they were back in the water!

Everyone was a bit tired when we got home and they settled in for a movie on TV.
Teagan decided to work on some of his school work they sent home for the summer.
Then we danced. We danced in the kitchen, we danced in the family room, we danced all over. They found my Squirrel Nut Zipper CD and Teagan and Quinn loved it!



And then he decided to work on his muscles, LOL!

Dinner for the kiddos.....mini pizzas,


And dinner for Mom and Dad...grilled chicken and zucchini! Yummy!



And...to end the night....s'mores..............






...... a talent show put on by Quinn, Claire and Teagan. Teagan did a dance to Squirrel Nut Zippers, Claire sang Tomorrow (as in the sun 'll come out) and Quinn sang a Miley Cyrus or Hannah Montana song. They wanted us to vote on a winner, but I know better, and they are all winners to me anyway! :)




Tomorrow, Claire helps with the Va. Herb Festival for Girl Scouts, but after that, hopefully it will just be a calm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment