Friday, July 1, 2011

Still Catching -Up!

I need to give credit where credit is due. Most of the pictures at the zoo, I did not take. Macy once again absconded with camera and went crazy with pictures of animals. I won't post them all, but she did have a few really good ones. Pictures, that despite cage bars and mesh, are really pretty good.

The first one is hers. I can't for the life of me remember the bird's name, but here he is:



We then came to the orangutan enclosure. They weren't outside, but chillin' inside their glass room. It was a male and female, and she was very entertaining. I can either assume that she was annoyed by all the on lookers or entertaining them, as she would take her blanket throw it over her head and then hide, playing peek-a-boo. Macy got this really cute picture of the male (I think).




Now, outside they had the best looking orangutans, if I do say so myself, LOL!!








Like father like daughter, Quinn and Michael are making faces. Claire and I just smiled pretty.

We passed the white cheeked gibbons next and made our way to the otter habitat. What do you think? Our 2011 Christmas card picture? Just a little photo- shopping and voila--Merry Christmas!!



Then, the parental units...



It was very hot by now, so we moved on in to Africa...
Zebras, Elephants and ??? oh my...







This species is unknown as well. They had somehow escaped their enclosure, but the heat was too much for them, and they just didn't have the energy to be a threat....
for now...






I told the kids it was dangerous to play with Rhinos. They didn't listen. Quinn the wrangler got him into a headlock though so they could as least pose for a quick picture.





Macy's
Bee with Flower






YOU have been warned!!!!



We couldn't resist pictures of these dangerous animals.



As you can see, these were the most angry animals at the zoo.
One was some type of monkey hybrid...



And again, these are some wily critters, escaped AGAIN!!!



We quickly moved away from the area as to avoid any confrontation with the escaped beast.




Ahhh, we are nearing the end of our zoo journey, but not quite yet.
Can you guess our next animal??




Why, YES!! It IS a prairie dog ('s butt).

The kids had a blast with the prairie dogs. They had these fabulous bubbles where the kids could climb under and then get an- ahem, up close and VERY personal view. The prairie dog above was sitting on top of the bubble. MACY couldn't resist the photo op!


More prairie dogs...



and more...





Teagan....the prairie dog..or wait, is he on the moon...



Ahhhh, a much needed cool treat on a very hot day!
Thank you Grand-daddy Butch!!!!



And, for your witch's brew this Halloween,
Eye of Goat




I love this living roof. I have in instructions for a dog house with a living roof I'd love to make some day. Very cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment