Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 3--June 12 Sunday

Today was a pretty uneventful day. I had to have Claire at the Va. Herb Festival by 8am to help out for Girl Scouts. Turned out I got the day wrong and she was supposed to be there on Saturday. I think she enjoyed it anyway though.

We went to church, then home. Michael had a meeting for church, so we just hung around the house.

Claire did tell me about some lavender cookies they had at the herb festival. Sounded like a fun project for the afternoon, so I looked up a few recipes and found one that I liked and seemed simple enough. Some had macadamia nuts, and crystallized pineapple--that sounded good! I went with simple though.

Luckily, I have a lavender plant in the front of the house, and it had lots of blooms. I snipped and dried a few and got busy on the cookies.

The lavender before:


Dried
Batter:



Ready to be baked:

And finally! The cookies!!



Here is the recipe for the lavender cookies:

Victorian Lavender Cookies with Rose Water Icing


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon lavender, crushed
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • For Icing:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 5 1/2 teaspoons water
  • 6 1/2 teaspoons rose water

Serves / Yields

About 4 dozen

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, lavender, flour, baking powder and salt.

Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.

While the cookies bake, prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with water and rose water. Drizzle over the cookies after they have cooled.

recipe from:

www.thespicehouse.com


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment