New plan...update when I can. There are too many things going on to try to do this everyday. I'm still catching up from the beach! So...I'm going to try to get the Beach done in this post, and then move on, back track a little and finally get to the present day.
Thanks to a very nice zoo employee who was close by, we have a nice family picture from the day.
Again, the children were told not to climb on the wild animals, but this docile tortoise seemed safe enough.
.
Hold on, Spider Monkey!
These were a big favorite of the kids. They were very entertaining too.
Macy. I just don't have any other words.
FINALLY!
Beach Pictures.
Well, we went to the beach several times, but I waited to take my camera until the last day. I don't like chancing getting sand in it.
First up: Mom and Dad.
Teagan's transformation into MerMan! Don't get it wrong, he'll most definitely correct you. Mer-MAN not MAID!!
See his six-pack abs?
Lots of digging. Favorite hobby? Digging up sand diggers and trying to get them in my bathing suit top. They like to see Mommy freak out. Evidently, it's hilarious. For me? Not so much...
Riding the waves in (Claire).
I love Claire's expression below. There was a sand crab under her and she was freaking out. I love it.
Crabs of all kinds were out in force that day. Lots of sand diggers, the little kind that burrow holes all over the beach and come out, only to dodge back in before a foot or gull comes along. They even seemed to be pinching a lot of feet in the ocean this year. A huge one came in on the surf and just sat on the beach until another wave took him out. Yummm, could have been dinner!
Here is one we caught. Such a cutie!
A few family pics...
The picture I try every year.... very seldom does it work out. Everyone is in a bad mood because it is the day we leave. Pushing, shoving, smart remarks, parents yelling. It's all part of it.
Farewell Beach....
We left early that morning (for us--we usually don't get away until around noon), since we were both driving and traffic around the tunnel and on 64 and 95 is always lousy.
It didn't disappoint. The tunnel was ok, but 64 was one big slow down, speed up, slow down, stop. Repeat. All I can say, I'm glad I wasn't in the same car with Michael. He doesn't do traffic well. I had Macy and Quinn. Macy slept a lot and Quinn never said more than two words on the way home. We arrived home around 3 in the afternoon. Even with the terrible traffic, we really didn't make bad time.
The Winchester Parks and Rec. started a free concert series this year. Tonight was the first night and I wanted to go. An African drumming group.
Macy stayed home. (she would have liked it!)
It took place next to one of the play areas, so the kids played and we watched/listened.
Teagan goofing off with his chair.
Goofing off with Mommy now...
They put a tent over the old shuffleboard court.
Here is the drumming group. The guy in the blue shirt on the far left ended up being a guy I went to high school with. Go figure.
Our little area at the bottom of the hill.
Rollin, rollin, rollin, keep the boy a rollin, along...
and maybe he will sleep good tonight.
Anyone want a crabby patty...er... I mean Daddy?
Quinn
Claire
No comments:
Post a Comment