Monday, July 18, 2011

Marshmallow Madness --July 4



Our July 4th was pretty low-key since we actually celebrated the night before. We did spend the afternoon making marshmallow shooters though. Everyone participated and had fun. Smooshy, melty marshmallows aren't easy to clean up, but it was worth the trouble.

We started with pvc pipe and a few T and elbow joints. We had plans I found online, and then modified them as we saw fit. This was super cheap to do!

We made measurements on the pipe, marked it off and started sawing.


I sawed a few and then Claire and Quinn took turns.



Michael cleaned up the edges before we started fitting them together.







These worked really well. Drop in a marshmallow and blow. They didn't wait until they got outside to start and once you nailed someone in the forehead and the look on their face is priceless, it becomes addicting.

I sent them outside and they quickly went through the stash of marshmallows.






We had lots of laughs! We'll definitely pull these out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment